The Lelo SONA 2 Travel blew my mind. You probably know by now that one of the perks of my job is testing out tons of sexual wellness products. Honestly, sometimes they can pile up so high that I wind up saying no to some, or it takes me months to try all of them. Your girl only has so much time and energy for a focused review session ;-). So when LELO sent me the SONA 2 Travel, I added it to my pile of things to try, and when I finally got to it, I was so upset at myself for waiting so long.
It’s a tiny toy intended to be discreet and easy to pack with you as you travel around, and sometimes, when the toy gets that small or is meant for travel, it can lose some of its… juuj.
LELO’s website says that the SONA 2 Travel is meant to “provide immediate orgasmic assistance anywhere you go,” and I can tell you that they accomplished this mission. It’s only 3.4 inches in total and has a travel lock, so you don’t have to worry about it going off while in the security line at the airport or in the car on a road trip with your family.
This toy is intended for clitoral stimulation but could absolutely be used on other body parts — explore and see what feels good!
Features of the Lelo SONA 2 Travel
- 1-year warranty and a 10-year quality guarantee once the warranty is up (it’s made for long-term enjoyment)
- 12 settings — something for everyone, whether you like patterns or consistent stimulation.
- Made from one piece of body-safe, soft silicone so it’s lovely to hold and easy to clean.
- 100% Waterproof
- Extra long battery charge (this means you don’t have to charge it as often, so it may last your whole vacation even if you forgot the charger!)
Specs of Lelo SONA 2 Travel
|Clitoral Sex Toy (that can be used on other body parts, too)
|Size & Weight
|3.43 x 2.13 x 1.81 in // 2.36 oz
|Li-Ion 300 mAh 3.7 V — up to 2 hours of usage
|Max Noise Level
How to Use The Lelo SONA 2 Travel & Who It’s Best For
How do you use this toy? Well, it is going to be different for each person, of course.
Lelo does a really fabulous job of breaking down their best ‘how-to-use this toy’ into 3 easy steps, so I’ll list those here and add my own comments on them, too.
Step 1: Bring it with you. (My addition: Don’t forget your lube!)
Step 2: Add lube to your toy and body, turn on the toy, and place it on or near the clitoris. Play with the intensity, settings, and location, and see what feels good and not too intense. (This toy can get REALLY intense, which is lovely, AND, be aware.)
Step 3: Indulge, feel the pleasure, and enjoy. And don’t forget to keep adding lube as you go.
Pros & Cons
- It’s incredible for traveling (small in size, travel lock)
- 12 settings & super soft
- Holds a charge for a long time
- Can be used solo or with a partner
- High-quality materials and sex tech at a reasonable price
- The lowest setting is still pretty intense. I want one step lower than the lowest to kick things off. (But this can be worked around with the location of where you place the toy on your body e.g. next to the clitoris vs. right on the hood/head)
Overall Review & Takeaways
The Lelo SONA™ 2 Travel really surprised me. It was in my head as just another good clitoral toy and quickly went into my personal top 5. It’s intense, fun, tiny, well-priced and in my opinion a must-have for anyone who enjoys clitoral stimulation.