Hey everyone! Welcome to today’s episode of the Wright Conversations Podcast! For today’s episode, I will be talking about the traditional relationship escalator, creating our own relationship milestones, and the subconscious societal pressure to conform. I will also talk about the various categories on the non-escalator relationship menu and figuring out what you want from your relationships with your partner(s) and/or friends.
Let’s delve in!
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- [03:01] What is the relationship escalator?
- [04:31] Going up the escalator and/or creating your own milestones.
- [07:44] Navigating commitment off of the escalator.
- [08:22] The escalator in Disney movies.
- [10:13] An alternative metaphor to the escalator.
- [10:56] The Non-Escalator Relationship Menu.
- [16:19] Commitment.
- [17:43] Emotional Intimacy.
- [19:24] Social integration.
- [20:38] Quality time.
- [21:44] Communication.
- [22:17] Physical intimacy.
- [23:23] Financial management.
- [23:52] Autonomy.
- “Every relationship that you have is important, and that includes your platonic ones.” [09:58]
- “You can step on to something to propel a relationship forward, but you don’t need to take it up.” [10:44]
- “Physical intimacy really changes and often is not discussed enough.” [22:26]
- “There are a million different ways to be in relationship. There is not one way.” [24:19]
- “Try to figure out the way that works for you.” [24:32]
Get 30% OFF the NEW After Dark Deck! Use Promo Code: Rachel
Call to Action
Please, if you love this episode and know someone else who is a passionate soul on a mission just like you, share it with your friends and others. Please leave an iTunes review to help this podcast grow, and don’t forget to subscribe.