Hey everyone! Welcome to today’s episode of the Wright Conversations Podcast! For today’s episode, I’m joined by Justin Bell Guarini to talk about the artistic transition since 2020, navigating family life and becoming a mentor, and the value of investing in yourself. Justin also talks about overcoming resistance, the importance of serving others, and finding your self-confidence.
Let’s delve in!
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- [04:36] Who is Justin Guarini?
- [08:28] Justin’s long-awaited theatre show.
- [12:44] Navigating the transition since 2020.
- [19:20] Family life and becoming a mentor.
- [25:14] Taking care of oneself when the inclination is to take care of others.
- [34:46] Justin’s advice for when you’re feeling resistance.
- [42:01] Working with Justin.
- [44:28] Justin’s words of wisdom.
- “When you begin to invest in yourself, it begins to multiply.” [33:43]
- “Better questions lead to better answers.” [35:39]
- “My advice for you is to lean into the resistance.” [34:53]
- “Stop trying to shove the feelings that you’re having down. Your feelings, your thoughts are valid.” [38:55]
- “You don’t need to have been born with it, you don’t need to have gone to school for it, and you don’t need to have 10/20/30 years of experience in order to be confident in it.” [46:11]
- “Self-confidence just means confiding in yourself, trusting in yourself.” [47:00]
- “Other people don’t see us through their eyes. They see us through our eyes.” [47:58]
- “That ability to have self-confidence is built on the back of failure.” [49:06]
Justin Guarini’s Bio
Justin Bell Guarini’s robust performance career launched with the first season of American Idol in 2002. Since then, his stage and screen appearances include Broadway productions of American Idiot, InTransit, Paint Your Wagon, Romeo and Juliet, Wicked, and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.
Justin has hosted nationally broadcasted shows like Idol Wrap and Idol Tonight, along with live red carpet events for the TV Guide Network, the Oscars, the Emmys, and the Grammys. He continues to reprise his role as the lovable “Lil’ Sweet” in the award-winning national commercial campaign for Diet Dr. Pepper.
In 2019, Justin founded The Warrior Artist Alliance (Warrior Artist Empire LLC) to help performers achieve the success they deserve in a challenging industry. He shares his tips, tricks, breadth of experience, and warrior mindset with a community of performers through podcasts, his best-selling book “Audition Secrets,” blogs, and dynamic training programs.
Justin is dedicated to his loving family; his wife, daughter, and sons make up his happy home. Here, he draws his support and the desire to live his best life.
Get 30% OFF the NEW After Dark Deck! Use Promo Code: Rachel
Call to Action
Please, if you love this episode and know someone else who is a passionate soul on a mission just like you, share it with your friends and others. Please leave an iTunes review to help this podcast grow, and don’t forget to subscribe.